Saturday, 7 January 2017

Welcome to the World Baby Blanket

I started this new baby blanket last night ......... and I already know that I will love how it is going to turn out when it is completed.
 
I decided to share it with you all now - even though it is not finished!
 
 
This is the premature baby size.

It is growing ........ :)
 

 
 
Finished ....... and it looks great!

 
 
 
Welcome to the World Baby Blanket
Requirements ~
100g ball of DK (8ply) yarn
4mm needles
 
Tension ~
22sts = 4” (10cm)
 
Measurements ~
Width:        16" (41cm)
Length:      adjustable ......... I made mine 18" (46cm)
 
 
Pattern Instructions ~
Cast on 86 stitches
Start with a garter stitch border - knit 10 rows
Pattern:
1st Row:       S1, k4, * k4, p2, rep from * to last 9sts, k9
2nd Row:        S1, k4, purl to last 5sts, k5
Repeat the last 2 rows 3 times more
9th Row:        S1, k5, *p2, k4, rep from * to last 2sts, k2
10th Row:      S1, k4, purl to last 5sts, k5
Repeat the last 2 rows 3 times more
Repeat the last 16 rows until you are happy with the length of the blanket (around 17”)
Finish with a garter stitch border – knit 11 rows
Cast off knit wise
Darn away ends
 
If you would like to make this baby blanket smaller or bigger ~
Then reduce or add in multiples of six stitches

........ for a Newborn Baby Blanket of 25 ½ “
cast on 140sts
 
........ for a Baby Blanket of 30 “
cast on 164sts
 


I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  
However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2016 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.

 


3 comments :

  1. Great little blanket, will have to make one to add to my donations.
    Jean xx







    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. At the moment I have started on hats for the baby unit but this blanket looks lovely and has no holes to catch tiny tiny fingers so I will have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this pattern it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete