Saturday 7 January 2017

Welcome to the World Baby Blanket

I started this new baby blanket last night ......... and I already know that I will love how it is going to turn out when it is completed.
I decided to share it with you all now - even though it is not finished!

This is the premature baby size.

It is growing ........ :)

Finished ....... and it looks great!

Welcome to the World Baby Blanket
Requirements ~
DK (8ply) yarn       100g, 300g or 400g, depending on which size you make
4mm needles

Tension ~

22sts = 4” (10cm)

Measurements ~

Instructions are included for 3 sizes ~ 

Premature Baby 16 x 18"

Newborn Baby Blanket  24“

Baby Blanket of 30 “

(but it is easy to adjust the sizes)


A lovely pattern to knit for a baby boy or girl
And an ideal for a baby shower gift - Welcome To The World ! 

You will find this pattern in my ravelry store ~ 


I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  
However, please do not copy my patterns
Copyright © 2016 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.

8 comments:

  1. Great little blanket, will have to make one to add to my donations.
    Jean xx







    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. At the moment I have started on hats for the baby unit but this blanket looks lovely and has no holes to catch tiny tiny fingers so I will have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this pattern it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely!
    I think I have the perfect yarn for it
    is it reversible?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I’m new to knitting. In your instructions what does s1 mean? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NICU's are often looking for blankets sized 18 x 24". It looks like your pattern would easily be adapted to that size :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you I appreciate your talent and taking the time to write this out and post. I think this will make my go to baby shower gift. And an adult size for me and my elderly parents too.

    ReplyDelete