Wednesday 27 February 2013


Stash Buster Challenge ~ February Update


I have been very busy during February - 
with a few days away over half term, a couple of nights out at the theatre, my birthday, finding a new (to me) car,
as well as the usual work, housework, life  . . . . . . .
But my crafting has not suffered - and i have used up loads of stash this month.

I have been making blankets
 
chunky blanket

 
This cosy knee rug used up loads of chunky yarn I have had in my stash for a very long time. It's 85cm x 85cm 
 
 

A cute crochet snuggle blanket for a toddler
made in DK acrylic yarn. 85cm x 85cm
 

 
 I have almost finished another toddler blanket
using a pale pink/lilac colour - along with a fine white yarn - that
needed to be used!
 
I will crochet a shell edging on it tonight.
Probably similar to the shell edging I used on this little blanket I made last year.
 
 
Stash used in February ~
 
scarves - 220g, baby clothes 310g, blankets 420g + 270g + 350g
Total = 1570g
All in all a very satisfying amout of stash now busted! 

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marianna hope you had a lovely birthday, you have been very busy and have made some lovely things well done! that knee rug looks very cosy and warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Blankets are a great way to use up yarns that I have had for a while and never really liked or found a use for! I am determined to reduce ......

      Delete
  2. There is something about that knee rug (first) that I love. It looks really cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana. When I was making it I thought it would keep someone's knees warm. The colours would suit a man or a woman. I think the men often get forgotten,

      Delete
  3. Great stashbusters! I've never heard lagghans called knee rugs; I like it! Makes sense. I love the colors in the first one.
    Happy Stashbusting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm still new to blogging - and it's great to have nice comments :)

      Delete
  4. Your blankets are cute! I really love the first one! I'm participating in the Stash Buster Challenge, too. :-)

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/03/submarine-sunday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonna. Good Luck with your stash busting. It feels good.....

      Delete